Mobile Application Developer
Thunder Bay Campus
The Android application developer is responsible to develop codes and create a user-
friendly application that will be used in a research project conducted at Lakehead University.
They should collaborate with a research team to develop applications. Demonstrable
experience in Android mobile application development is necessary, and the developer
should possess in-depth knowledge in working with Android software development kit. The
applicant should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and should be able to
collaborate well with other members in a team environment.
Responsibilities for the Mobile Application Developer
• Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support defined requirements
• Work closely with team members to test and improve the functionality of the
Qualifications for Mobile Application Developer
• 2+ years of demonstrable experience
• Demonstrable portfolio of developed Android Applications
• In-depth knowledge of working with Android software development kit with at
least one programming language, e.g. Java or Kotlin
• Ability to develop location-based applications
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to perform in a team environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Interested applicants are invited to apply by submitting a single PDF document containing a cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Ehsan Rezazadeh Azar
We appreciate your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Lakehead University is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, racialized persons, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and other equity-seeking groups. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. This is in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements.
Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. Applicants requiring accommodation during the interview process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (807) 343.8334 or email@example.com to make appropriate arrangements.