Convocation is a time to celebrate and recognize the achievements of our students. Lakehead University’s Convocation ceremonies continue to evolve to bring more of a focus on the graduating students.
This year, we are continuing the practice of having student speakers at each Convocation ceremony. Each of the four Convocation ceremonies will feature a different student speaker. This is a great opportunity for students to take part in the ceremony and share their Lakehead experiences with their classmates, and provide the student voice to the proceedings.
We want to hear from you! Are you interested in being our student speaker?
- You must be graduating by May 2020 and attending your Convocation ceremony
- You must complete the application form and submit all required documents by the deadline date of February 28, 2020
- You must be comfortable making a short inspirational speech of no more than 3 minutes to a large audience
- You must be available to present your speech to the selection group if you are identified as a finalist for consideration
- Preference will be given to applicants with no academic/non-academic sanctions or incidents during their time at Lakehead University. Further, you must be in good academic and conduct standing with Lakehead University
The application and more information can be found here.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions!