You may require your official Lakehead University transcript for many reasons such as employment or accreditation purposes, for funding agencies, or even for application purposes to programs at other post-secondary institutions.
A transcript is only considered 'official' when it comes directly from Lakehead University - Enrolment Services.
To order your transcript,
- Visit myInfo - select 'Order My Transcript' and follow the steps online.
- You will be asked to enter the recipient's name (or organization name) and the complete mailing address. Please make sure you have this on hand before ordering. Additionally, you will be required to fill in the number of copies you are requesting.
Please note: Requests are completed based on who the transcript will be going to. Multiple copies may be sent however, a new request is needed for each change of recipient/address.
- Select your payment type - Visa, MasterCard or American Express accepted.
- Select your preferred mailing/delivery option - see below for options
- Select the transcript release option - see below for options
- Once you have ordered, paid, and completed your submission, you can then view your transcript processing status via myInfo under 'Transcript Request Status'.
Transcript orders are subject to the required processing time of 5 business days. This timeframe is usually met throughout the year, however, transcript orders may be delayed during the peak periods of May/June, September/October, and January. Please plan accordingly if you need to meet certain deadlines. Enrolment Services cannot be responsible for transcripts lost or delayed in the mail.
Transcript Cost: $15/copy
An additional fee will be charged for regular mailing and expedited delivery.
Are you an Alumnus or Former Student Who Does Not Know Your myInfo Login?
If you remember your username, just use the “Recover my account” link on the myInfo login page. If you do not remember your username, to have your login reset please contact:
Student Central: (807) 343-8500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a current student
Helpdesk: (807) 346-7777 or email@example.com
- If you are an alumnus
Human Resources: (807) 343-8334 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you were ever employed/paid by the University
General Ordering Information
Transcripts are official documents and may not be ordered by a third party. To order your transcript, your Lakehead University student account cannot have an outstanding balance. Please arrange to pay off any outstanding fees prior to requesting your transcript.
- It is recommended that any transcripts ordered for admission purposes, or to be sent to an accrediting body, should be sent directly to the third party from Enrolment Services.
- Universities in Ontario and the Ontario College of Teachers have electronic transcript ordering. This can be completed through OUAC with your university or college application, and through the Ontario College of Teachers for those wishing to submit a transcript with their Ontario College of Teachers application.
Note: You will not receive your transcript if:
- Your Lakehead University student account has an outstanding balance.
- Your transcript request is incomplete or without payment. Requests without payment will not be processed until all information and/or payment is received.
Mailing/Pick Up Options
As part of the transcript order, you may opt to pick up your transcript or have it mailed to you. Here's some details on the pick up and mailing options:
Pick Up: You may opt to pick up your transcript directly from Lakehead University. You will be required to present valid photo ID such as a Lakehead University student card, or government issued identification. If you authorize a third party to pick up your transcript or parchment, they must have your written permission and provide their own photo identification.
Pick Up Locations:
- Thunder Bay Campus: Parchments may be picked up at Student Central, University Centre 1002
- Orillia Campus: Parchments may be picked up at Student Central, Simcoe Hall. Note: only those parchments which have been pre-ordered to Orillia may be picked up at the Orillia campus.
Mail: The options for mailing of your transcript includes:
- Regular Mail: Transcripts will be sent through Canada Post.
- Xpresspost: For transcripts mailed within Canada only. There is an additional fee of $20.00 per copy. Delivery confirmation is available with the ability to track the item through the Canada Post website. Tracking numbers are available after transcript has been processed and mailed, and will be provided upon request.
- Purolator: For transcripts mailed outside of Canada only. Prices and delivery times vary depending upon destination. Complete mailing address and contact phone number of destination is required. P.O. Box addresses are NOT acceptable. Delivery time information can be found on the Purolator website.
Transcript Release Options
When ordering your transcript, you can select a certain period of time for your transcript to be issued. This is important as you may want to wait until a certain period of time in order to ensure that your transcript reflects the information you need. The release options include:
- CURRENT: Transcript will be processed if form is complete, payment has been received and account is in good standing.
- AFTER DEGREE IS APPROVED: Select either May/June or October. Transcript will be sent once your degree has been approved by Senate and recorded on your academic transcript. Do NOT select this option if you have already graduated. This selection is only for those who are anticipating graduating.
- AFTER SESSION MARKS: Select Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer. Selecting this option means that the processing of the transcript will be held until ALL marks for the selected term have been recorded.
- OTHER: Select this option if you are waiting for one particular course mark or a set date. Include details of the timing you are requesting.