Understanding and managing your finances wisely is an important part of being a student at Lakehead University. That is why we have launched our Money Wi$e initiative to help you make informed financial decisions and understand the various different financial aid opportunities available to you as a student.
At Lakehead, you matter to us and through Money Wi$e we will help teach you how to PLAN, SAVE, and better MANAGE your money.
Tips & Tricks TO BECOMING MONEY WI$E
Managing your financial resources may be a new area of responsibility for you. The following Tips & Tricks are designed to help you along the way:
Money Saving Ideas
- Look for free on-campus events and activities to take part in!
- Enjoy the free services available through Athletics - either the Fieldhouse & Hangar (Thunder Bay) or the YMCA (Orillia)
- Check to make sure you are getting the student rates through your bank!
- Look into getting a meal plan - it may be less expensive but also provide you with more time to focus on your studies and working rather than cooking meals.
- Wait for sales and coupons before making certain purchases
- Look for seat sales and sign up for alerts through airline companies so you can book your return trips home at the best rates.
Check out our upcoming events and programs taking place around campus! More details coming soon.