The Lakehead University SMA Proposal (2014) submitted to the Ministry was used to inform the Strategic Mandate Agreement, and was the culmination of two years of University development. The Proposal was guided by the Ministry’s requirements and their Differentiation Policy Framework, and was developed based on consultation with the University community including students, faculty and staff, Senators, and members of the Board of Governors.
Lakehead University’s Strategic Mandate Agreement (2014-17) outlines the role the University currently performs in Ontario’s postsecondary education system and how it will build on its current strengths to achieve its vision and help drive system-wide objectives articulated by the Ministry’s Differentiation Policy Framework.
The Strategic Mandate Agreement (SMA):
- Identifies the University’s existing institutional strengths;
- Supports the current vision, mission, and mandate of the University within the context of the University’s governing legislation and outlines how the University’s priorities align with Ontario’s vision and Differentiation Policy Framework; and
- Informs Ministry decision making through greater alignment of Ministry policies and processes to further support and guide the University’s areas of strength.
Please click on the links below to download the following documents:
- Ontario's Differentiation Policy Framework for Post Secondary Education
- Lakehead University Strategic Mandate Agreement Proposal (2014) - Final
- Lakehead University Strategic Mandate Agreement (2014-17) - Final
Strategic Mandate Agreement 2 (SMA2):
Lakehead University is in the process of developing the SMA2 with the Ministry and we invite feedback on our preliminary draft found below: