Virtual Classroom (by Bongo) is a web conferencing platform to host online classroom sessions or video meetings from within online course sites.
Virtual classroom includes the following features to create engaging live streaming learning spaces:
- desktop sharing
- presentation uploads
- annotation tools
- breakout rooms
- live chat
- file share
Virtual Classroom is fully integrated with mycourselink meaning that virtual meetings are scheduled and launched directly from a course site. The "join links" for sessions are automatically added to the course calendar for students to quickly and easily access them. Sessions can also be recorded and made available within course sites.
Virtual classroom is a feature within Group and Individual video assignments that allow students to create and manage their own virtual meetings. Recordings from these sessions can be submitted as part of their assignment deliverable.
Example Use Cases
- real-time lectures and training
- virtual office hours
To schedule a meeting in Virtual Classroom (in mycourselink):
- From the course site navbar, select Virtual Classroom from the Other Tools dropdown menu
- From the Virtual Classroom interface, click on the “plus” button in the bottom right
- Enter the meeting details (title, time, duration, etc.). (Some options are selected/unselected by default – review these carefully.)
- Click Save to complete the setup.
- To launch the meeting, go to Other Tools and select Virtual Classroom. From the “Active Meetings” menu click on the three dots under the Actions column, then click Launch.
- Enter the Meeting Room by following the prompts. Select Record (top of the screen) if the meeting was not set to record automatically.
- Once the meeting is scheduled, a link for students to join will automatically appear in the Calendar tool (on the course homepage).
- Recordings are available through the Virtual Classroom link (under Other Tools) under the Recorded Meeting section.