Orientation is your introduction and official welcome to Lakehead University and aims to provide a successful academic, social, and personal transition to your university experience. This is your chance to connect with other new students and your faculty, meet new friends, get to know your way around campus, become familiar with student services and supports available to you, learn how to get involved on and off campus, and of course, have fun!
Welcome to the pack new Thunderwolves, we can’t wait to see where your #LakeheadAdventure takes you!
Register for Events
Book a Campus Tour
Getting ready for Lakehead
Orientation is your introduction and official welcome to Lakehead and our communities of Thunder Bay and Orillia. Jump in and get prepared, connect with your peers, have any questions answered and begin your adventure on the right foot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about myCommunity
- Learn more about the Lakehead Community
- Learn how to meet new people and get involved on campus
- Learn all about Lakehead Supports & Services for students and the Lakehead University Student Union
Learn more about myAcademics
- Learn all about our programs
- Learn about our course offerings and registration
- Learn about our academic supports
- Learn about the skills you need to succeed
Learn more about myCampus
- Learn about how to navigate the campus and get to class
- Learn about navigating the Lakehead website & student portals
- Learn about campus amenities available to you
Learn more about myWellbeing
- Explore the mental health and health resources available
- Learn how to stay connected to your culture
- Learn how to stay physically active with Lakehead.
Learn more about myFinances
- Learn about funding your education and paying tuition and fees
- Learn more about “Financial Lingo”
- Learn more about Financial planning and skills
- Learn about working while studying
Learn more about myFuture
- Learn about exploring your interests and careers
- Learn about planning for you career
- Learn about developing your professional skills