An important part of your time at Lakehead is being able to connect with students and learn from experienced teachers. As part of all Bachelor of Education degree (BEd) programs, you must successfully complete a 105-day student teaching practicum, divided into four teaching blocks. This exciting experience pairs you with a partnership school board, school authority, or band-controlled school so you can learn from qualified associate teachers as well as practice your teaching.
As both Lakehead University and the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) require you to complete a student teaching practicum, it is a mandatory part of all BEd programs. For further information, please see the following resources:
- Two-Year BEd Professional Program Practicum Guide: 2023-2024
- Thunder Bay Teaching Practicums
- Orillia Teaching Practicums
- Technological Education Program and Practicum Guide
- Alternative Teaching Placements
- International Teaching Placements