Residence Rates 2020-2021
| ||Single Room & Plan - A||Single Room & Plan - B|
|Room and Meal Plan Charges||$12,684.00||$13,284.00|
Plan A - For students not on campus on weekends and those with lighter appetites
Plan B - For students on campus on weekends and those with larger appetites.
Schedule of Fee Payments
|Payment and Due Date||Single Room & Plan-A||Single Room & Plan-B|
|1st installment due August 15, 2020||$7,500.00*||$7,500.00*|
|2nd installment due December 15, 2020||$5,234.00||$5,834.00|
TO ASSIST STUDENTS APPLYING FOR RESIDENCE HOUSING FOR THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR, LAKEHEAD RESIDENCE HAS WAIVED THE $500 DOWN PAYMENT.
*STUDENTS WHO HAVE ALREADY PAID THE $500:
1ST INSTALMENT - $7,000.00
- A late payment fee will be charged for each missed due date. Please refer to Lakehead University's Fees Payment Information - Schedule of Payments
- Please be advised that, if your discipline requires you to start before the first day of the Residence Contract (September 3, 2020), or stay past the last day of the Residence Contract (April 19, 2021) and for any and all days during the Winter Holiday Break, there will be a charge of $30.00 per day.
- The Residence Contract Dates are as follows:
- Fall Term - September 3, 2020 to December 21, 2020
- Winter Term - January 2, 2021 to April 19, 2021
Income Tax Information
For income tax purposes, students in Residence do not pay taxes on their Residence fees as the University Residences are on tax-exempt land. On Line 6114 (Student Residences) on your income tax form, you can claim $25 as your occupancy cost for the part of the year you lived in Residence. You do not need to have proof of Residence or tax receipts for residence fee payment.
The Department of Residence does not provide receipts for accommodation. If you are filing either a paper or an electronic tax return, you do not need to include receipts with your return.