Parking Traffic Ticket Appeal Policy
Traffic Ticket Appeal Policy
Note: No Security Guard has the authority to cancel or modify a parking or traffic ticket.
- Any person wishing to dispute a parking or traffic ticket that has been issued for a Lakehead University parking or traffic violation will have to file an appeal on-line through the web-based parking program.
- The appeal must be filed within five (5) days of the date issued. Please refer to section 8 of the Traffic & Parking Regulations for details.
- A reference to the section of the Lakehead University Parking and Traffic regulations that supports your appeal.
- A decision will be made and a parking system generated email will be forwarded to the email address contained in the parking program for the person filing the appeal.
- It is the responsibility of the person filing the appeal to check for their answers supplied by email.
- Anyone who has trouble filing an appeal through the web based parking program may attend the Security Office for assistance.
- As a legitimate registered user of our parking services who purchased a parking product and has forgotten to display your hang tag in a vehicle registered on your account, submit an appeal online within five days of the violation being issued (Saturday, Sunday and University holidays excluded) and your ticket will be automatically be reduced to the 'forgetters fee" of six (6) dollars.
- Appeals will not be honoured that are based solely on the following reasons;
- ignorance of the parking regulation, or,
- seeking individual exceptions to the regulations, or,
- the inability to pay a fine, or,
- failure to comply with a regulatory sign, or
- engaging as part of a group, organized or not, in a behaviour that is in contravention of the regulation.
It is recommended that before an appeal is submitted that a review of the Parking and Traffic Regulations be done.