- Parking in any lot requires either a permit issued by Lakehead University for a specific parking lot or for Lot 1 a pass issued by a Pay and Display Parking Machine.
- Daily permits are available at Pay and Display Daily Permit Vending Machines located at the Beverly Street and Oliver Road Entrances as well as Lot 1. These passes are valid for "G" Parking Lots only.
- No parking permits are valid for parking at metered spaces.
- Buy your permit early and on line.
- Permits will not be issued to anyone with outstanding parking fines. Fines must be paid at the time of your application for a permit is done on line.
- It is your responsibility to become familiar with the rules and regulations available online.
- Need a daily pass or want to purchase a book of parking passes? You can obtain such passes from the Pay and Display Machines located at the Balmoral and Oliver Road entrances and in Lot 1.
- Meter not working? Report it to Security immediately at 343-8569. We will dispatch a guard to the meter to check it. You can't park for free.
- Park in designated parking spots. Not every illegal parking spot can have a "No Parking" sign.
- In those parking lots provided with electrical outlets, only "POST PARKING" is allowed. This means one car to the right and one car to the left of the electrical post. This applies to both sides of the post so a total of 4 cars may be parked at each post. Those vehicles not parked at a plug in post are liable to receive a parking ticket.
Parking on streets or on the roadway is only permissible at a parking meter. All other vehicles found to be parked on a street or roadways are liable to receive a Lakehead University Parking Ticket.
- The "G" General parking permit does not authorize you to park in Lots "A" (Avila), 5, PACI, 7, 7A Lots.
- Lot 1 - (The big lot at the Fieldhouse) All Lakehead U passes are acceptable in this lot. Short-term parking is available to visitors by using the Pay and Display Parking machines. Passes are available from the Pay and Display machines. Overnight parking is permissible only with a valid Lakehead U parking pass. All others will be towed at the owner's expense.
- Give yourself extra time in case the parking lots are full. The overflow parking for "Specialty Lots " is a "G" Lot or Lot 1 at the Fieldhouse. For "G" Lots it is Lot 1. Fieldhouse Membership passes are only good for Lot 1. Lot 1 is a short walk across the path to the main campus.
- Print yourself a map of the campus to help yourself decide on the parking lot you want and to find your way around.