Parking at Lakehead
Important messages about 2023-2024 parking passes.
2023-2024 Parking Passes will go on sale during the second week of August.
Staff parking payroll deduction forms need to be submitted in an electronic format. Paper copies will not be accepted.
All staff payroll deduction forms are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those who wish to use payroll deduction must complete the fillable form online. We will not be accepting paper copies. Those individuals using payroll deduction will see deductions commence in September. Payroll deduction will only be offered in August of 2023 for the period of September 2023 to September 2024. Payroll deduction will not be offered outside of August 2023. The established timelines for payroll deduction will not change. The last date for payroll deduction forms to be submitted is 25 August 2023.
Those who continue to work or study remotely are required to purchase a parking product when they attend campus.
Casual users will be required to purchase a daily pass at one of the parking pay and display machines, or they may use Honk Mobile.
In the continued interests of everyone's safety, we will not be accepting cash payments at this time. Acceptable forms of payment include credit, debit, or payroll deduction.
REMINDER - PARKING HOURS:
Parking enforcement will begin at 7 am until 9 pm, Monday-Friday. Weekend and Holiday parking will remain free.
Are you a veteran studying at Lakehead?
As a student registered at Lakehead University, and a veteran, we want to thank you for your service to our country.
Attend the security desk with your student identification card, and your vehicle registration document showing that the vehicle has veterans plates and that you are the registered owner, and you will be provided with a general lot parking pass, without cost to you.
This offer applies only to veterans themselves and does not apply to staff or faculty of Lakehead University.
Forgot your permit in your other vehicle?
Have you received a ticket for forgetting to display your parking pass?
As a legitimate registered user of our parking services who purchased a parking product and has forgotten to display your hang tag in a vehicle registered on your account, submit an appeal online within five days of the violation being issued (Saturday, Sunday and University holidays excluded) and your ticket will be automatically be reduced to the 'forgetters fee" of six (6) dollars.
HonkMobile is here!
In three easy steps you can pay for your daily parking pass with HonkMobile.
1. Download the app on your smartphone.
2. Create your profile on the app. (Be certain to correctly add the licence plate number(s) of the vehicle(s) you are associating to your account.)
3. Use location services to select the lot you are in and pay with your smartphone.
For more information go to the HonkMobile website:
Click below to view information on:
- Parking Permits
- General (G) Parking Rates
- Parking Meter Rates
- Daily Parking Passes
- Payroll Deduction Authorization for Parking
Visit our Parking and Locker Services Website if you need to:
- Purchase a parking permit
- Pay any and all outstanding parking/locker fees or fines
- Appeal a parking ticket(s)
- Rent a locker on campus
Please note that a user account must be created to access any of the above services. When you log in, instructions and prompts will be provided for the service(s) you require. You can also change the automatically generated password provided for your account. Changing your account password regularly is strongly recommended.
The fees raised from the sales of parking products and from enforcement are used to maintain the parking lots. Our largest costs are winter snow removal, patching and paving, the spring cleaning of sand and debris and, line painting. Administrative costs are also incurred - - the production of parking permits, the upkeep of pay and display machines, and staffing costs to keep the parking system operating smoothly and efficiently are paid for by the sale of permits and with fees raised through parking enforcement.
Please Note - a permit will not be issued to anyone having outstanding parking fines. (Refer to Traffic & Parking Regulations) Fines must be paid in full to have a permit issued.
Rates are determined by the proximity of the lot to the buildings. Specialty lots have higher rates.
- If you reserve a parking permit but do not indicate how you are paying for it, the parking program will automatically cancel the reservation at midnight of the day you reserved it. Make sure you indicate how you are paying for the permit once you have picked one. We recommend you pay by credit card so the transaction will be complete and your permit will be saved.
- If you select a method of payment other than by credit card, the parking system allows you 3 days to attend at the Security Department to complete your transaction. If you fail to pay for your permit within 3 days, the parking system will cancel the transaction and the permit will be put back into the system to be sold. Again we recommend you use a credit card to pay for your permit when you purchase it.
- If you have outstanding parking fines, they will be automatically added to your parking permit costs by the parking program. All must be paid before the permit will be issued.
To Purchase a Parking Permit, please visit the Lakehead University Parking and Locker Services website and either log in if you have a profile or go through the steps to complete your profile and obtain a user name and password. You can then purchase a parking permit or locker, pay or appeal parking fines, and register or change vehicle information.
September 01 to August 31,
|4 Month Term (summer Only)||$140.50|
|2 Month Term (Summer Only)|
September 01 to August 31,
|4 Month Term||$133.00|
|2 Month Term (Spring or Summer term)|
All metered parking: $1.50/hr
- Each daily pass costs $6.50
- Valid for short-term use at $1.50 per hour to a daily maximum of $6.50
- Available from Pay and Display machines located at Balmoral, Fieldhouse and Oliver Road entrances. Place pass on your front window dash in plain sight with the time displayed
- These passes are good for "G" Lots and Lot 1 Only.
- Not valid in any Specialty Lot.
Information about the collection of outstanding parking fines
Contact us. We will work with you to resolve your outstanding fines.
If your fines are substantial and no effort is made to clear up outstanding fines, Security Services may;
- conduct a Ministry of Transportation inquiry and bill for the cost,
- suspend the right to park on Lakehead University Property,
- tow your vehicle off the property at your expense,
- notify a collection agency,
- issue municipal by-law tickets,
- notify the Registrar requesting prohibition of registering for, changing, or withdrawing from classes, or from issuing copies of transcripts or parchment,
- notify the Vice Provost of Student Affairs of a Student Code violation,
or any combination of the above steps.