- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Parking at Lakehead
Important messages about 2017-2018 parking passes.
2017-2018 Parking Passes go on sale Tuesday 8 August, 2017 at 9 a.m.
Staff parking Payroll deduction forms need to be submitted not later than Monday 21, August 2017.
NEW! HonkMobile is here!
In three easy steps you can pay for your daily parking pass with HonkMobile.
1. Down load the app on your smart phone.
2. Create your profile on the app. (Be certain to correctly add the licence plate number(s) of the vehicle(s) you are associating to your account.)
3. Use location services to select the lot you are in and pay with your smart phone.
For more information go to the HonkMobile website:
Click below to view information on:
- Parking Permits
- Reserved (R) Parking Rates
- General (G) Parking Rates
- Parking Meter Rates
- Daily Parking Passes
- Payroll Deduction Authorization for Parking
Visit our Parking and Locker Services Website if you need to:
- Purchase a parking permit
- Pay any and all outstanding parking/locker fees or fines
- Appeal a parking ticket(s)
- Rent a locker on campus
Please note that a user account must be created to access any of the above services. When you log in, instructions and prompts will be provided for the service(s) you require. You can also change the automatically generated password provided for your account. Changing your account password regularly is strongly recommended.
The fees raised from the sales of parking products and from enforcement are used to maintain the parking lots. Our largest costs are winter snow removal, patching and paving, the spring cleaning of sand and debris and, line painting. Administrative costs are also incurred - - the production of parking permits, the upkeep of pay and display machines, and staffing costs to keep the parking system operating smoothly and efficiently are paid for by the sale of permits and with fees raised through parking enforcement.
Please Note - No permit will be issued to anyone having outstanding parking fines. (Refer to Traffic & Parking Regulations) Fines must be paid to have a permit issued.
Rates are determined by the proximity of the lot to the buildings. The closer lots have higher rates and the lots further from the buildings have lower rates.
- If you reserve a parking permit but do not indicate how you are paying for it, the parking program will automatically cancel the reservation at midnight of the day you reserved it. Make sure you indicate how you are paying for the permit once you have picked one. We recommend you pay by credit card so the transaction will be complete and your permit will be saved.
- If you select a method of payment other than by credit card, the parking system allows you 3 days to attend at the Security Department to complete your transaction. If you fail to pay for your permit within 3 days, the parking system will cancel the transaction and the permit will be put back into the system to be sold. Again we recommend you use a credit card to pay for your permit when you purchase it.
- If you have outstanding parking fines, they will be automatically added to your parking permit costs by the parking program. All must be paid before the permit will be issued.
To Purchase a Parking Permit, please visit the Lakehead University Parking and Locker Services website and either log in if you have a profile or go through the steps to complete your profile and obtain a user name and password. You can then purchase a parking permit or locker, pay or appeal parking fines, register or change vehicle information.
September 01 to August 31,
|4 Month Term||$120.00|
|2 Month Term|
September 01 to August 31,
|4 Month Term||$92.00|
|2 Month Term (May and June 2017 or July and August 2017)|
Monthly - $29.00
All metered parking: $1.25/hr
- Each daily pass costs $6.00
- Valid for short term use at $1.25 per hour to a daily maximum of $6.00
- Available from Pay and Display machines located at Balmoral, Fieldhouse and Oliver Road entrances. Place pass on your front window dash in plain sight with the time displayed
- These passes are good for "G" Lots and Lot 1 Only.
- Not valid in any R Lots.
Information about collection of outstanding parking fines
Contact us. We will work with you to resolve your outstanding fines.
If your fines are substantial and no effort is made to clear up outstanding fines, Security Services may;
- conduct a Ministry of Transportation inquiry and bill for the cost,
- suspend the right to park on Lakehead University Property,
- tow your vehicle off the property at your expense,
- notify a collection agency,
- issue municipal by-law tickets,
- notify the Registrar requesting prohibition of registering for, changing, or withdrawing from classes, or from issuing copies of transcripts or parchment,
- notify the Vice Provost of Student Affairs of a Student Code violation,
or any combination of the above steps.