New Employee Orientation Materials
All employees and volunteers at Lakehead University must complete the following training/orientation:
- Employee Orientation Package - a 2 page document to be completed with your supervisor. It ensures you complete all relevant Health and Safety Training specific to your position
- Mandatory Online Training - this includes Health and Safety Awareness and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) training. These are completed through our online training portal (D2L) and are mandatory for all staff and volunteers at Lakehead University
- "In Person" Health and Safety Campus Orientation - held at least once a month, this is an overview of the Orillia campus including security, emergency procedures, and health and safety information
- Other Health and Safety Training relevant to your position - please check with your supervisor
To be completed by:
Employees/Volunteers who will be working primarily in an office or teaching a class that does not involve the handling of chemicals
Employees/Volunteers who will be working in the Lab
Employees/Volunteers who will be performing tasks in the field (remote/outdoor locations)
Employees who will be working for Residence, Physical Plant, or Security Services
If you have any questions regarding the New Employee Mandatory Training please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Hire Training consists of two parts:
1) Online modules (follow the instructions below to register and complete) and
All online training is available on our Distributed Learning site. Please follow the directions below to enroll in the training course.
How to log into the Online Training Portal and enroll in H&S Training:
- Go to the Training Portal using the link below.
- Login with your Lakehead username and password.
- Select "Accessibility and Health and Safety Training" from your list of Courses.
- If you do not see "Accessibility and Health and Safety Training" listed Click the "Self Registration" link from the top menu (PC) or from the menu on the top left corner (three bars) for mobile.
- Select "Accessibility and Health and Safety Training" Link to enroll, click on the house icon to return to your dashboard and access the course.
- Follow the instructions within the course page to navigate and complete your training.
|December 6, 2023||9:00am to 10:00am||Online session. This is the same as the In Person Session except it is online. Please sign up for this session by emailing email@example.com|
|January 3, 2024||9:00am to 10:00am||Online session. This is the same as the In Person Session except it is online. Please sign up for this session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|February 7, 2024||9:00am to 10:00am|
Online session. This is the same as the In Person Session except it is online. Please sign up for this session by emailing email@example.com
Lakehead University is committed to supporting an accessible environment. If you require accommodation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make appropriate arrangements.