This course is for certificated teachers in any but the intermediate division. This course analyzes human development theories, curricular policies and guidelines, and teaching strategies and practices in Health and Physical Education, as they apply to the intermediate division.
- A recognized university degree
- Students must have two (2) full course equivalents in an acceptable teaching area (listed on Schedule A of Regulation 176/10)
- Courses from the following subject areas:
- Physical Education, or
- Human Kinetics.
- Activity courses (e.g. basketball, hockey, etc.) do not count.
- Only one full-year course, or the equivalent, in Anatomy and/or Physiology will count toward the Health & Physical Education teaching subject.