Save the Date for Teaching and Learning Week 2023 (October 23-27, 2023).
Teaching and Learning Week is an annual event hosted by the Senate Teaching and Learning Committee to provide focused professional development for faculty, instructors, staff, and graduate students. This year’s theme is Generative AI: Responsible Uses of AI for Teaching and Learning.
Call for Proposals - Now Closed!
We are currently accepting proposals from all Lakehead University faculty, staff, graduate, and undergraduate students. External submissions are also welcome. If you are proposing more than one presentation, please make a separate submission for each proposal. The submission deadline is August 31, 2023.
Presenters will have the option to choose 30, 60 or 90-minute sessions, including Q & A. These presentations will be scheduled between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm EST and will be conducted online through Zoom.
Possible Session/Topic Ideas (These are meant only to guide your thinking, not restrict your options):
- Policies & Guidelines: Hopes and Concerns -- Proposed sessions might include research related to what is happening in the post-secondary sector, wording in your syllabi, discussions about AI with your learners, AI citations, etc.
- AI Tools for Teaching and Learning -- What tools are out there -- and what works for you?
- Effective Practices for Teaching and Learning -- Proposed sessions might include guidance for faculty with regard to curriculum, teaching, syllabi, etc.
- Lessons Learned (So Far) -- Proposed sessions might include key lessons we’ve already learned since AI has become more prevalent in our teaching and learning contexts.
- Wild Card -- Submit a proposed session under this option if you are not sure your presentation fits in one of the above categories.
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com
The schedule and registration link will be posted in September. Stay tuned!