- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Lakehead University’s Department of Professional Development in Education helps you to advance your education and career while developing valuable teaching and leadership skills.
As part of the Faculty of Education, we provide relevant, high-quality professional development courses that cover many education-based topics. Our goal is to provide meaningful, lifelong learning to certified teachers, education students, and the general public.
Interested in Professional Development?
We offer a wide variety of professional development opportunities that meet the needs of teachers and learners at every stage of their career and education. Each professional development opportunity at Lakehead falls into a specific category based on its requirements, awarded qualifications, and subject matter.
The following provides an overview of our professional development opportunities:
- Additional Qualification courses help certified teachers to improve their subject matter knowledge, program development, curriculum leadership, and teaching skills
- The pass mark for all Additional Qualification courses is 70%
- For a complete schedule of all our AQ, ABQ, and HSQ courses, see our Additional Qualification Course Schedule
- The Principal’s Qualification Program introduces experienced teachers to the fundamental aspects of leading and managing a school as a principal
- Professional Development Workshops are non-credit learning opportunities that help anyone to learn about a topic that is relevant to teaching
- The TESL Certificate Program offers accreditation to individuals who want to teach English as a second language in Canada or abroad
Find and Register for a Course or Workshop
To find and register for a course or workshop, please use the following database. For information about a specific course or workshop, such as how to register, its costs, and prerequisites, click the course or workshop's title.
To find a specific course or workshop by name or topic, please use the Search tool; to narrow your search please indicate the Course Type.