All new students must apply for a student card online. A student card application is required to ensure complete and accurate information in the school directory and security lookup.
Photo ID cards are only required while on the campus. Students do not need a Photo ID card to study remotely or for online midterm/final exams. If proof of enrolment is required for another purpose, students are able to download/print an Enrolment Verification/Confirmation of Enrolment Letter from their myInfo account under Student - Course Registration.
At this time, we are only able to accept online applications under the following conditions:
- You have followed all application instructions accurately.
- This is your first time requesting a student ID card.
- You have registered for classes at least 24 hours before submitting this application.
How does this work?
All you need to do is read and follow all instructions, then login to the form located at the bottom of this page.
If you are located in Thunder Bay and able to pick up your card, you will be contacted with instructions for pickup.
Due to COVID-19, students residing outside of Thunder Bay may:
1) Wait until they begin classes on campus to receive their Photo ID OR
2) Request that their Photo ID card be mailed to them at a cost of $25.00. You will be contacted to provide a credit card number over the telephone.
Your card will be mailed out to your address within 2 weeks of receiving your request and payment.
What are the photo requirements?
In order to process your card, we need you to submit a photo of yourself to us. Please ensure that your photo meets ALL of the following specifications:
- You must provide a passport style photo (smiling allowed).
- Your photo must reflect your current appearance.
- Your face must be fully and clearly visible (no sunglasses or hats).
- Your photo must be centered and taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera.
- Your photo must have uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
- Your photo must be clear, sharp and in focus.
- Your photo must be in colour with a uniform white background.
- Your photo must not be digitally altered (cropping and resizing is acceptable).
- Your photo must be in JPEG format with a minimum image size of 300 pixels high x 240 pixels wide.
- Your image file must be no larger than 2MB.
We will ask you to resubmit an application or insist you get your card produced in person if your photo does not meet all of these requirements. If we need to produce another card for you at the time of pick-up (e.g. your picture did not reflect your current appearance) we may charge you a $15.00 replacement fee.
If you have any questions about these requirements please feel free to email email@example.com.
Online Application Form
Thank you for reading and understanding all of the above requirements. Please login to myInfo to begin.