A course specifically designed for certified teachers in any but the senior division. This course analyzes human development theories, curricular policies and guidelines, and teaching strategies and practices in Health and Physical Education, as they apply to the senior division. Practical activities form an integral part of the course.
- A recognized university degree
- Students seeking Senior qualifications must have five (5) full courses in an acceptable teaching area (listed on schedule A of regulation 176/10)
- Students seeking subsequent additional qualifications must have three (3) full courses in an acceptable teaching area
The following are the guidelines for acceptable courses:
- Courses from the following subject areas:
- Physical Education, or
- Human Kinetics.
- Activity courses (e.g. basketball, hockey, etc.) do not count.
- Only one full-year course, or the equivalent, in Anatomy and/or Physiology will count toward the Health & Physical Education teaching subject.
For a comprehensive list of suitable Kinesiology courses, refer to Courses in our Academic Calendar and select Kinesiology (KINE) Courses.
Monday, May 4, 2020 to Friday, June 19, 2020
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 (All day)
PD Course Type: