Residence Halls Meal Plan
All students living in the Bartley and Prettie residences will be required to participate in a comprehensive, mandatory meal plan.
- All day dining in the Residence Dining Hall + $800.00 declining balance
- Students are allowed unlimited entry into the Residence Dining Hall during regular hours of operation
- Declining balance dollars can be used anywhere on campus where food service is operated by Aramark.
Lakehead University Residence offers students living in the Residence Halls "All Day Dining", a more flexible dining experience at the University. This plan provides students more value for their dollar and allows them to eat as much or as little as they want in the Residence Dining Hall.
Declining balance works similar to money on a debit card, and is stored with a student's meal plan information on their Lakehead University Student ID Card. Every time a purchase is made using Declining Balance, the total cost is subtracted from the dollar balance on the person's student card.
Please note: there are no refunds on unused meals and/or declining balance amounts nor do they carry over to the next academic year.
Apartment and Townhouse Meal Plan Options
As each unit in these accommodations has a full kitchen, meal plans are not mandatory. However, the Food Services Office offers several attractive meal plan options to those students not wishing to prepare all of their own meals.
Voluntary meal plan charges may be applied to a Lakehead Student Account. For these voluntary plans, unused amounts may be eligible for a refund.
For more information please contact the Aramark Office. Ext. 8142
Dining On Campus
Residence Dining Hall
- Monday to Friday - 7:30am to 7:30pm
- Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays - 9:30am to 7:00pm
- Monday to Thursday - 8:00am to 5:30pm
- Friday - 8:00am to 3:30pm
- Sunday to Thursday - 7:30am to midnight
- Friday and Saturday - 7:30pm to 2:00am
Look for other dining options around campus!
- Starbucks - Agora
- Persian Man - ATAC
- Subway - Main Cafeteria
- Pizza Pizza - Avila
- Library Cafe
Residence Dining Hall Rules & Regulations
Rules and Regulations are enforced by Management and Resident Assistants. Violations may result in appropriate Disciplinary Actions.
- Entry requires a valid Meal Plan Card, Conference Card or Cash payment.
- Entry is only permitted at the designated door.
- All food is to be consumed in the Dining Hall. No fod may leave.
- Dining Hall Patrons are required to clear their soiled dishes to the Scraping Station.
- Dishes, Cutlery and other items are not to be removed from the Dining Hall.
- Your Meal Plan Card is for Your Use Only. It is not transferable.
- Due to Ontario Healthy Mean Choices Act, 2015, S.O. 2015 c. 5, Sched. 1, we are required to post nutritional values for all food served, and out staff must serve the assigned portion Seconds are available on a limited basis after consumption of the prior servings.
- Dining Hall Patrons are required to use the provided utensils for self service items in order to prevent contamination.
- Be respectful of your surroundings, your fellow patrons and the service providers.
- Dining Hall Patrons are required to wear appropriate footwear and clothing at all times.
- Dining Hall Patrons may fill their own, reasonably sized, water bottle from our beverage selections, excluding juice, milk and chocolate milk.