Did You Know...?
- Each weekend we provide students social opportunities such as multiple season festivals, game nights, talent shows, cultural excursions (including symphony, theatre, museums, art gallery, etc), ski trips and much, much more.
- Lakehead University Residence has its own Residence Sports Council, with the emphasis on fun and participation? Almost every weekend residence Houses play against each other and compete for the title of champion.
- That we offer over 40 different sports and games to suit most everyone's interests.
- That we provide recreational facilities which include gymnasium, outdoor basketball courts (lighted), paved outdoor ice rink (lighted) and tennis courts.
- That you can get involved by both participating and organizing these activities by joining one of the many committees in Residence.
Enjoy proximity to classes. You'll have easy access to faculty, staff resources and other campus services. You don't have to worry about cooking your own food (when on a meal plan), doing the dishes or travelling far to class, and will have more energy to concentrate on your studies.
New friendships are at the heart of every residence. Every year, students remark that one of the great things they like about living in residence is meeting new friends.
Get involved with a Residence Council committee, become a House President, Coordinator or Resident Assistant, and gain valuable leadership skills that will last.
Better Connections to the Campus
Living in Residence makes the adjustment to university life easier. By living on campus, you will make friends more quickly and become familiar with the campus, and all that it has to offer.
A Diverse Community
Experience a variety of challenges in a comfortable and supportive environment. Living with students from diverse backgrounds enables you to share life experiences, learn about other cultures, celebrate our differences and find new ways of looking at the world.
Programs that directly support your academic efforts. Participate in exam review sessions, study groups, and choose from numerous academic skills workshops that will help you to succeed.
Support from Residence Life Staff
Being away at university is sometimes hard. That's why the Resident Assistants (RA's) are here to help. They help to build a sense of community in the Houses, and to make your year the best it can be. So, if you have a question or just want to talk just go and see your RA.
Safety and Security
Someone is always just a call away. Resident Assistants are on call each night and are trained to deal with virtually any situation. Our Residences are locked 24 hours a day and are patrolled by Campus Security. Security can also walk you to and from class.
We are committed to keeping our residence facilities clean and well-maintained. We continue to update and renovate our buildings to ensure that you can enjoy high-quality, well-equipped accommodations.