- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
|Single Room & Plan - A||Single Room & Plan - B|
|Room and Meal Plan Charges||$12,481.54||$13,181.54|
Plan A - For students not on campus on weekends and those with lighter appetites
Plan B - For students on campus on weekends and those with larger appetites.
Schedule of Fee Payments
|Payment and Due Date||Single Room & Plan-A||Single Room & Plan-B|
|Down Payment due with Contract||$500.00||$500.00|
|1st installment due August 15, 2019||$7,000.00||$7,000.00|
|2nd installment due December 17, 2019||$5,031.54||$5,731.54|
- A late payment fee will be charged for each missed due date. Please refer to Lakehead University's Fees Payment Information - Schedule of Payments
- Please be advised that, if your discipline requires you to start before the first day of the Residence Contract (August 29, 2019), or stay past the last day of the Residence Contract (April 20, 2020) and for any and all days during the Winter Holiday Break, you will be assessed applicable room and/or board charges.
- The Residence Contract Dates are as follows:
- Fall Term - August 29, 2019 to December 16, 2019
- Winter Term - January 4, 2020 to April 20, 2020
Income Tax Information
For income tax purposes, students in Residence do not pay taxes on their Residence fees as the University Residences are on tax-exempt land. On Line 6114 (Student Residences) on your income tax form, you can claim $25 as your occupancy cost for the part of the year you lived in Residence. You do not need to have proof of Residence or tax receipts for residence fee payment.
The Department of Residence does not provide receipts for accommodation. If you are filing either a paper or an electronic tax return, you do not need to include receipts with your return.