Ingenuity Ascend Accelerator program is a great opportunity for entrepreneurially-minded students and alumni looking to transition an idea into a business opportunity, or accelerate the growth and development of their early stage start-up. The Ingenuity Accelerator program will accept up to 4 business teams per cohort, and deliver up to $7500 per business idea for costs associated with business development. Applicants will be screened through an interview process before successful admission to the program.
Applications due April 9, 2023. Program starts May 8, 2023 and runs for 10 weeks
Intake Interviews to take place between the weeks of April 10th and 17th
What to expect (what participants should be ready for)
Throughout the10-week program, Ingenuity Ascend participants can expect the following daily activities:
- Participate in networking events
- Attend weekly business development workshop sessions
- Connect with entrepreneurial mentors
- Participate in milestone meetings with Ingenuity staff to review progress and set upcoming monthly milestone goals
- Access up to $7500 per team to help fund business development activities (some restrictions apply)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have at least one founder connected to Lakehead University (Student or Alumni up to 1 year post graduation)
- Must be willing to devote a full-time effort to the program
- Must have decision-making ability
- Must participate in all Ingenuity Ascend events, workshops and competitions throughout the program duration (some will be available in online format)
- Must be eligible and meet the requirements of starting and running a business in Canada
Q. Does it cost anything to join the program?
A. There is no cost for this program. This program is completely free for all current students and recent graduates (within 1 year) from Lakehead University.
Q. Is Ingenuity only for business students?
A. No, we serve students from all disciplines.
Q. Does Ingenuity take any equity or royalties of my company if I use their services?
A. Ingenuity does not take any equity or royalties of any kind.
Q. Who can I contact for questions?
A. For all general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org