Our mandate is to contribute to the reduction of traffic-related crashes through the understanding of the fundamental processes that support safe driving and through the development of interventions to optimize safe driving. The Centre's specific goals are as follows:
- Foster interdisciplinary collaboration towards safe driving.
- Provide a nurturing environment for students to support the development of the next generation of researchers (junior faculty, graduate and undergraduate students).
- Contribute to the body of knowledge regarding safe driving.
- Support initiatives to reduce traffic-related crashes.
- Develop a reputation for high-quality research at the provincial, national, and international levels.