Dr. Will Zhao
Dr. W. G. "Will" Zhao is tenure-track assistant professor of Management at the Faculty of Business Administration. Before moving back to Canada, he was SCANCOR Scholar (Postdoctoral) in Organization at Stanford University, USA, after having earned his Ph.D. in Management from the renowned European business school Ecole de Management de Lyon.
- Management Theory - Postgrad Seminar;
- Current Issues in Management - Postgrad Seminar;
- Strategic Management - Undergrad Course.
Previous Teaching Experience:
- Organizational Behavior - Postgrad Course;
- Leadership and Organizational Change - Postgrad Course;
- International Business & Entrepreneurship - Undergrad Course.
- Organizational Change Management;
- New Venture Growth;
- Leadership and Talent Development.
- Organizational and Institutional Change and Its Interplay with (Social) Entrepreneurship and Innovation;
- Semiotic and Multimodal Analysis (esp. Visuality, Materiality, and Discursivity) of Organizations;
- Organizations in the Services Sector (e.g. Higher Education, Healthcare, Hospitality).
Research Dissemination Activities:
- Zhao, W. (2017). Protest in Style: Exploring Multimodal Concision in Rhetorical Artifacts. Research in Sociology of Organizations, 54A,119 - 149.
- Zhao, W. (2017). A pragmatist perspective on institutional worker. Academy of Management Meeting Proceedings, Atlanta, the U.S., Aug 2017. (Top1 Conference/Management)
- Zhao, W. (2016). Towards a semiotic theory of proto-institutionalization. Academy of Management Meeting Proceedings, Anaheim, the U.S., Aug 2016. (Top1 Conference/Management)
- with Tang, J. (2016). An integrated, visual bibliometric analysis of entrepreneurship research 1991-2015. Academy of Management Meeting Proceedings, Anaheim, the U.S., Aug 2016. (Top1 Conference/Management)
- with Michel, S. (2017). Habitus and experiences. Unpacking temporality in institutional biography 33rd EGOS Colloquium, Copenhagen, Denmark, Jul 2017. (Top1 Conference/Organization Studies)
- with Forgues, B. (2017). Designing an artifact, steering an institutional field: a case study of apple design decisions. 33rd EGOS Colloquium, Copenhagen, Denmark, Jul 2017. (Top1 Conference/Organization Studies)
- Zhao, W. (2016). Dancing in chains? Exploring genre constraints on multimodal communicative artifacts from a Peircean perspective, 32nd EGOS Colloquium (PDW), Napoli, Italy, Jul 2016.(Top1 Conference/Organization Studies)
- Zhao, W. (2016). Agency, act(ion)s and context – A micro‐foundational approach to institutional work, 32nd EGOS Colloquium (PDW), Napoli, Italy, Jul 2016. (Top1 Conference/Organization Studies)