Laboratory is equipped for the following research activities:
- Electrophysiology: electroencephalogram, heart rate, respiration rate, heart rate variability, galvanic skin response, electrooculogram. Equipped with a 64-channel high-density amplifier (ANT, Netherlands) and an assortment of recording caps.
- Bioassay: salivary analytes such as alpha-amylase and a variety of hormones (Salimetrics, USA). Assay is conducted onsite using spectrophotometer (Molecular Devices, USA), freezer, centrifuges and an array of micropipettes.
- Imaging: videotaping and still photography in 2d and 3d body imaging, role play, and TSST rendering and display. Equipment includes Canon DSLR, Fujifilm, and Sony cameras, 72-inch 3D DLP television (Samsung, USA), stereoscopic active shutter glasses (RealD, USA), Panasonic Blu-ray player for great 3D material.
- Surveys: questionnaires administered online via Surveymonkey.
- Library: hundreds of relevant research articles annotated and posted as pdfs to Mendeley for sharing among members of the laboratory.
- Computers: Dell Workstations for electrophysiological recording, stimulus presentation (Inquisit), data management and analysis (SPSS).