OUTD 3370: Tourism in German National Parks - 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008
Germany: Harz Mountains, Berchestgaden, Sylt
April/May, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008
- to develop student understanding of tourism management in a German parks and protected areas setting;
- to develop student understanding of national park establishment protocols in an non- Canadian context;
- to develop student understanding of relationships between national parks and surrounding communities in a non-Canadian context;
- to develop further the institutional relationship between Lakehead University and Hochschule Harz, the University of Applied Studies & Research in Wernigerode, Germany; and with Hochshule Bremen, City University of Applied Sciences, in Bremen, Germany; and,
- to develop interpersonal contacts between Canadian and German participants in anticipation of a reciprocal visit by German students to Lakehead University.
So many things were experienced over the five years. Here are a few of the key places visited.
|Nationalpark Harz||Nationalpark Berchesgaden|| Nationalpark Watenmeer
Schools we worked with
|Hochshule Harz||Hochshule Bremen|
|Stadt Wernigerode||Berchestgaden, Bavaria||Salzberg, Austria|
|Isle of Sylt||Stadt Bremen||Goslar World Heritage Site|