Lakehead University is excited to announce that it has partnered with RBC and Riipen - North America’s largest experiential learning platform and marketplace dedicated to helping connect students with industry and community partners to complete short-term class projects, virtual internships, and co-operative education opportunities.
Through Riipen, instructors will have access to a network of over 10,000 businesses and non-profits globally to design classroom experiences that help students develop valuable job-ready skills through project-based learning opportunities.
Riipen is available for all faculty, in all disciplines, working with all levels of students, in-class, online experiences, and remote internships. Riipen offers end-to-end support, including course project ideation and design, technical support and student onboarding, and matchmaking with industry partners globally.
Using the robust and easy-to-use tools within the Riipen platform, it's easy to create, manage, and report on experiential learning opportunities.
- Visit the Lakehead University Riipen Portal to learn more and to set up a consultation with a member of the Riipen team to get started.
- Download the one-pager for educators.
- Riipen is fully integrated with mycourselink/D2L. These Instructions for adding a Riipen link to an online course site are also available in the Riipen section on mycourselink (Help).
Steps for Educators to Get Started on Riipen:
- Join the School Portal as an educator.
- Share a few details about your course(s) through this short Riipen Interest Form. This will take no more than 5 minutes! You will be able to click to join a weekly information session with our dedicated Account Manager, or to meet one on one with one of Riipen’s Onboarding Specialists to answer your questions and get started.
- You will be able to book a technical onboarding with Riipen’s team. They will draft your course posting based on the information provided in your interest form, then ensure you are comfortable with editing this page, using the platform and connecting your course with Riipen’s live marketplace.
- Once published to their marketplace, Riipen will get to work by providing tailored recommendations for your course from their robust network of over 19K employers from over 6 countries!
- You will request and approve the company projects that you want to pair with students.
- The students start working on the projects on a timeline you determine.
If you have any questions about Riipen or how to get started, please reach out to our dedicated Account Manager from Riipen, Harris Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
This initiative is supported by the RBC Future Launch program.
By using Riipen, you are agreeing to their terms of service and related policies.