Notice: Concerning Lakehead University's Orientation Program
The Student Success Centre of Lakehead University (hereinafter called the "University") welcomes you and all visitors who come on campus in Thunder Bay to attend Orientation. In consideration for the University's allowing you to participate in our Orientation events and activities (hereinafter collectively called "Orientation Events") you and all visitors understand, acknowledge and agree (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, as these terms and conditions affect your legal rights):
(1) Although you are unlikely to suffer injury, loss, damage, or harm while participating in Orientation so long as you conduct yourself prudently, nevertheless certain risks of injury, loss, damage or harm are inherent to participation in any activity. Neither Lakehead University nor any of its governors, directors, officers, employees, students, alumni, volunteers, affiliates, agents or contractors shall be responsible or have liability for any injury or any property loss or damage which may occur to or be suffered by, for any reason whatsoever, Including during travel to and from Lakehead University, any person in connection with Orientation.
(2) That you grant the University and its employees full authority to take whatever actions they may consider to be warranted regarding the protection of your health and safety during an Orientation Events, and to secure such medical advice and services as the University, in its sole discretion, may deem necessary for your health and safety, for which you shall be financially responsible.
(3) That this Agreement shall be effective and binding upon your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives in the event of your death or incapacity;
(4) To reimburse the University for any repairs to or replacements of University property which are necessitated by damage, beyond normal wear and tear, caused by yourself to the property.
(5) That, before participating in any Orientation Event, you will carefully assess the risks associated with that Event;
(6) That, if you fail to comply with any of the University's rules, codes of conduct, and instructions relating to the Orientation Events, the University has the right to terminate your participation in the Orientation Events without compensation of any kind to yourself.
(7) (VISUAL/AUDIO RECORDING RELEASE) to allow the University to make visual and/or audio recordings of yourself and to use these recordings and your name for promotional purposes in relation to Lakehead University in perpetuity without compensation.
(8) THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD AND INTEND TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY, AND THAT YOU EXECUTE THIS AGREEMENT VOLUNTARILY.