Co-op Work Permit Application

International students on a study permit are required to apply for a Co-op Work Permit in order to be eligible to work in a co-op position. You will receive a letter from the Co-op office as part of their application. It is an official letter from Lakehead University, proving that the student is approved for a co-op work term. This is sent after your co-op work term application has been approved.

Here is the link to apply for the Co-op Work Permit:

It can take up to 4 months to process applications, so students must apply as soon as possible (after receiving your co-op letter). There will also be a special workshop on how to apply for a Co-op Work Permit put on by Jennifer Hay, International Immigration Officer Personnel in the International Office. Information about this workshop will be sent to students after work term application approvals are made.

Once a student receives their Co-op Work Permit, they will need to send a PDF copy via email (

Any questions in regards to the Co-op Work Permit application must be directed to the International Student Services Office. Please contact Jennifer Hay, Immigration Officer at the following contact information:

Jennifer Hay, International Immigration Officer
Phone Number: +1 807 343-8068
Office Location: LI 008A
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am - 4:30 pm