Lakehead University’s Co-operative Education program has a continuous cycle throughout the year, which includes job postings, interviewing and selection of co-op students.
This allows you, to engage with our highly qualified and skills candidates in a more efficient and time sensitive manner. We encourage you to utilize the following recruitment timelines:
Co-op Job Posting Requirements Include:
- Minimum 12 weeks and/or 420 hours of work per term (Summer, Fall, or Winter)
- Minimum 35 hours a week
- Must be paid at least minimum wage
- Must be a full-time, paid work experience
Fall (Sept – Dec)
Winter (Jan – April)
Spring (May – August)
Posting a job on co-op job bank
Starting May 1st
Starting September 30th
Starting January 1st
May – August
October - December
January – April
Work Term Start Time
The Co-op Hiring Process:
1. Posting on the Co-op Job Bank: For co-operative education job postings, you are required to post your job on our co-op job bank. You can also, in addition to the co-op job bank, send the job posting via email so I can send directly to students as well. Please indicate deadline and how you would like students to apply.
- Log into www.mysuccess.lakeheadu.ca to submit your job posting directly to our online Co-op Job Bank. Be sure to click “Co-op Job Postings.” If you are a new user please register under Employer. For more information about posting to the Co-op Job Bank, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed instructions.
- Email your job posting directly to email@example.com Please note: Emailed jobs are sent to students via email, and not posted on the Co-op Job Bank on behalf of the employer.
2. Emailing a Co-op Job Opportunity: Email your job posting directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: Emailed jobs are sent to students via email, and not posted on the Co-op Job Bank on behalf of the employer.
Please note: if a student is selected for an interview, the position must be approved by a faculty advisor before the student can accept the job offer. This is coordinated between the Employer Relations & Co-op Advisor, student and faculty advisor.
3. Selection Process: Once you have selected a candidate that makes the right fit for your organization, you can make the job offer directly to the candidate of choice. The student will have 3 business days to respond to the offer of employment. Lakehead University’s co-operative education program does require a formal written offer of employment to be submitted once the candidate has accepted the offer. Employers are able to extend offers of employment at any time to meet the hiring needs of the organization.