Applying for scholarships, bursaries or awards is a great start to taking ownership over the funding of your university education.
When applying for scholarships, please consider the following:
- Review the various Scholarship, Bursary and Award offerings available to you.
- Each scholarship will have its own application procedure - some also do not require an application and you will be automatically considered upon applying to Lakehead. Carefully read the application steps and eligibility requirements before applying. It is important that you fully understand what information is requested to ensure that your application is not deemed incomplete.
- Take note of important deadline dates! Many of the available forms of financial assistance require a particular project to be submitted.
- Keep looking to see what other funding sources may be available to you.
- Don't get discouraged. If you are not successful with your application the first time, when the application opens again - try again!
- You can also look to external scholarships that may be available outside of the university.