Environmental Technician Diploma to Honours Bachelor of Science (Water Resource Science major) Degree Transfer Program

Program Information

The Water Resource Science program offers valuable knowledge and necessary skills to enable Lakehead graduates to achieve water related careers, protecting and advocating for our most valuable resource. This science based program produces graduates who will have the knowledge and skills necessary to solve programs concerning the natural environment.

The degree program in water resource science offers students the possibility of enrolment in an interdisciplinary course of study with emphasis on the scientific understanding of aquatic systems. Natural systems are composed of interacting individual elements which are studied by biologists, geographers, geologists and chemists. A holistic approach to understanding the interacting roles of various elements in a natural system must incorporate knowledge from each of these disciplines. The structuring of the Water Resource Science program accomplishes this by providing the student with a well-rounded knowledge base.

How the Transfer Program Works

You enter into Year 2 of the four-year Honours Bachelor of Science (Water Resource Science major) program, and can complete your degree in as little as three years. 

To see the courses that are part of the program, refer to our Academic Calendar and select:

  1. Programs & Faculties from the menu,
  2. Undergraduate Programs from the Faculty of Science & Environmental Studies section, 
  3. Water Resource Science Programs from the list of programs, and 
  4. Honours BSc (Water Resource Science Major)

Admission Requirements

To be consider for admission, you must:

  • Complete Confederation College's two-year Environmental Technician Diploma, and
  • Achieve an overall average of at least 70%.  

Application Process

To apply, please:

  1. Use the OUAC Undergraduate Application. You may need to create an account first, if you have never applied using the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) before.
  2. Select the program Water Resource Science (Pathways with Select Ontario Colleges: Confederation, Centennial, Durham, Fanshawe, Fleming, Georgian, Loyalist, and Seneca) (Thunder Bay Campus only). The OUAC program code is ABL.
  3. As you proceed through the application process, use the Online Transcript Request to have your transcript(s) sent to us, if applicable: 
    1. We require all of your post-secondary transcripts (i.e. from all colleges and universities attended).
    2. We do not require your high school transcript.
    3. Some colleges do not add in progress courses to their transcripts. If you are currently completing courses, you are encouraged to upload a screenshot of your upcoming winter term courses to your myInfo account. You will receive your myInfo login credentials in an acknowledgement email from us upon receipt of your application (which can take a few days after you apply using the OUAC).

Who Can I Contact If I Need Assistance?

If you have questions about the transfer program, and/or your application statuscontact Student Central.  

If you encounter issues with the application and/or requesting online transcripts, contact the OUAC

If you cannot access myInfo (our student information portal), try to recover your account first. If that does not work, contact Student Central


Learn more about the fees (e.g. application, transcript, document evaluation, etc.) that the OUAC charges

Learn more about the tuition & student fees for your transfer program. Keep in mind that the upcoming school year's fees are not available until June. Before June, you will most likely see last year's amounts. Refer to the Academic Year field if you are unsure.  

To help fund your education, learn more about our scholarships, bursaries and awards

If you are interested in applying for the Ontario Student Assistance Program, learn more about the program and its criteria

Other Important Information

Take a look at our College & University Transfer Guide

Check out our campus. You can take a virtual tour, or you can book a campus tour

We also host numerous events throughout the year. We encourage you to attend one of our events to learn more about the transfer program.