The Native Nurses Entry Program (NNEP) is an eight-month preparation program for North American individuals of Indigenous descent (status, non-status, Métis or Inuit) who are fluent in English. The program is designed to provide the necessary skills and academic preparation required for successful completion of the four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program. Learn more about the NNEP.
To be considered for admission to the NNEP, you must be of North American Indigenous descent and a:
- High school student who has obtained their high school diploma (e.g. Ontario Secondary School Diploma),
- Mature student who has been out of high school for at least two years and has not attended another post-secondary institution, or
- Mature students do not need to have completed their high school diploma.
- A college/university transfer student who does not meet the traditional admission requirements for our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
In addition to the above, you must complete the following prerequisite requirements within the last five (5) years:
- Ontario High School Grade 10 Academic (SNC2D) or Applied Science (SNC2P) or equivalent, and;
- Ontario High School Grade 11 University-level or Grade 12 College-level Chemistry (SCH3U or SCH4C) or equivalent.
Important Deadline Dates
Status of Application
Open (Currently Accepting Applications)
Deadline to Submit Copies of Your Transcripts
Two (2) weeks after you apply
How to Apply
Please complete and submit the application package. There is no cost to apply!
In addition, you must submit copies of your official transcripts from all high schools, colleges, and universities that you have attended, if applicable. You can upload copies using your myInfo student portal. You gain access to myInfo shortly after applying. We will send you your username and temporary password in our acknowledgement email. If you encounter issues with accessing myInfo, try to recover your account.
Alternatively, you can mail copies of your official transcripts to Lakehead University. Our mailing address is:
Enrolment Services - Undergraduate Admissions
955 Oliver Road
Thunder Bay, ON
If you need assistance with getting copies of your transcripts from your previous institutions, please contact Lisa Primavesi, the Indigenous Access Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the program, feel free to contact Lisa Primavesi, the Indigenous Access Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com.