|GLSA - Budget Reports|
- [INPUT] - Enter Data
- <ENTER> - Press the return or enter button
The GL Summary Account Availability (GLSA) screen is a report for budget line items that compares the allocated budget to the total of actual expenses posted plus any outstanding encumbrances. With the revenue accounts the report compares the allocated budget to actual revenue posted. In addition the report displays the percentage used and the dollar amount of the allocated budget remaining after expenses, encumbrances and actual revenue are taken into consideration.
- In order to get to the reports:
- Load up the Datatel system and log into the Colleague Database (COLLIVE).
- Select GL - General Ledger
- Select GLB - Budget Reports
- Select GLSA - Summary Account Availability
1 Fiscal Year: [INPUT] year of inquiry or press <ENTER> for the current fiscal year
2 Calendar month ending month of: [INPUT] the calendar month at which the ending balances will be printed
3 Include accounts that have: There are four options that can be selected in this field;
- [INPUT] B - Accounts with budget available
- [INPUT] M - Accounts that have met the budget
- [INPUT] E - Accounts that have exceeded the budget
- [INPUT] A - Accounts that have all statuses
*NOTE* ‘A’ should be selected to view all accounts.
4 * GL Account Definition: Not Defined - Press the [DETAIL] button
1 * Select/List: Press The [DETAIL] button
On this screen Fields 7 through 10 will not be used at this time.
In Fields 1, 3, and 5 [INPUT] I for include or E for exclude
*NOTE* - Field 5 can be left blank and then do not use Field 6, unless a specific Object code is requested. If Field 5 and 6 are left blank, the report will print all of the Cost.Centre's Objects.
The only time exclude may be used is when the report on a Budget code may not require all of the object codes.
Field 2: [INPUT] The fund which is the first two digits of the budget code
Field 4: [INPUT] The department which is the next eight digits of the budget code
Field 6: [INPUT] The object code which is the last five digits of the budget code
*NOTE* - In Fields 2, 4, and 6 there is more than one window in which to enter a budget code. Therefore it is possible to print a report with more than one GL department.
Field 11: Prompt for additional selection criteria? (Y,N): [INPUT] N or Press <ENTER>
Once one or more GL accounts have been entered press [SAVE]
2 * Sort: Press [Detail]
The report can be sorted by Fund (first two digits in the budget code), Cost Centre (the next eight digits of the budget code) or the object (the last five digits of the budget code). The sequence can either be ascending or descending.
A sort has to be selected in order to continue with the process of printing or viewing the report.
1 Criteria: Select which way the report will be sorted
- Press <ENTER> to move through the screen
- [INPUT] Y into the Break Element in either the Fund, Cost.Centre, or the Object Field
*NOTE* The report should be sorted by the Cost.Centre. The report can also be sorted by the General Ledger classes. To sort by GL classes, [INPUT] ‘Y’ in the Break element of the cost.center field and then press <ENTER> till you get past the last Break element. [INPUT] ‘GL.CLASS’ and then press <ENTER> twice and [INPUT] ‘Y’. Your screen should appear as shown above.
After a sort has been selected then Press [SAVE]
4 Verify Criteria: [INPUT] Y then Press [SAVE]
5 Detail or Summarize Poolee Accounts: Press <ENTER>
- 6 Proceed with the Report:
- [INPUT] Y then press [SAVE] or
- [INPUT] N to cancel the request
The reports can either printed out or viewed on screen.
1 * Peripheral Device:
If the report is going to be printed select - P <ENTER>
If the report is going to be viewed on screen select - H <ENTER>
If P is selected then;
- 2 Printer:
- [INPUT] The name of your printer eg. "$PRINTER" or select your printer from the queue. To view the queue, [INPUT] "..." (three periods)<ENTER>. Select your printer by typing in the sequence number corresponding to it <ENTER>
- 3 Copies:
- [INPUT] The number of copies to be printed <ENTER>
If H is selected then no further data has to be entered.
Press [SAVE] <ENTER>
After finishing off screen nine Press <ENTER> to continue on with the report. After the status of the report reaches 100%, the report will then be printed out or be viewed on screen.