Aligned with this year's Research and Innovation Week theme "Our Changing World", this year's Research Showcase highlights how Lakehead University research projects, innovative collaborations and initiatives are playing a role in the achievement of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the Session
Transferring educational practices between countries is an effective means to achieve educational goals but is fraught with concerns. This panel brings together members from the Commonwealth of Learning, University of the South Pacific, and Lakehead University for a discussion about experiences with transferring youth work microcredential between small states.
- Dr. Kirk Perris, Advisor, Education, Commonwealth of Learning
- Deepak Bhartu, Open Education Design Architect, Centre for Flexible Learning, University of the South Pacific
- Dr. Mairette Newman, Education Specialist, Commonwealth of Learning
- Dr. Gary Pluim, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Education, Lakehead University, Orillia
- Mervyn Broderick, Course Coordinator, Commonwealth of Learning
- Jacob Kearey-Moreland, Graduate Student, Lakehead University