Aligned with this year's Research and Innovation Week theme "Our Changing World", this year's Research Showcase highlights how Lakehead University research projects, innovative collaborations and initiatives are playing a role in the achievement of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the Session
Alongside the COVID-19 pandemic is a divisive, attention-grabbing, obsession-inducing infodemic. Moving beyond the discourse of fake vs real news, we probe the relative invisibility of algorithms and the hidden-in-plain-sight codes and conventions of old and new media to provide some perspectives and frames for understanding major news events of 2020.
- Dr. Michael Hoechsmann, Associate Professor, Faculty of Education, Lakehead University
- Cassandra (Iowyth) Witteman, Graduate student, Faculty of Education, Lakehead University
- Miranda McKee, Graduate student, Faculty of Education, Lakehead University
- David van Dyke, Graduate student, Faculty of Education, Lakehead University
- Dr. Sandra Jeppesen, Professor, Media, Film and Communications, Lakehead University