Aligned with this year's Research and Innovation Week theme "Our Changing World", this year's Research Showcase highlights how Lakehead University research projects, innovative collaborations and initiatives are playing a role in the achievement of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
About the Session
This session will explore current research on New Immigrant populations in Northern Ontario, with a focus on injury, mental health, welcoming, and employment. A discussion of research challenges will also be included. The panel includes both researchers and community partners.
- Dr. Kathy Sanderson, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, Lakehead University
- Dr. Manal Alzghoul, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Lakehead University
- Stacey Parks, Thunder Bay Multicultural Association
- Vicki Blanchard, Economic Development Manager, The Corporation of the Municipality of Sioux Lookout
- Dr. Pauline Sameshima, Canada Research Chair, Lakehead University