SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships are expected to respond to the objectives of the Talent program.
These fellowships support the most promising Canadian new scholars in the social sciences and humanities, and assist them in establishing a research base at an important time in their research careers.
The purpose of these fellowships is to provide stipendiary support to recent PhD graduates who are:
- undertaking original research;
- publishing research findings;
- developing and expanding personal research networks;
- broadening their teaching experience;
- preparing for research-intensive careers within and beyond academia; and
- preparing to become competitive in national research grant competitions.
SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship awards are tenable at Canadian or foreign universities and research institutions.