- Applicants are Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) defined as having fewer than 500 global, full-time employees.
- Applicants are required to have operations in Ontario and carry out their project in Ontario.
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- National and multinational enterprises (NEs and MNEs)
- Academic institutions (as clients only)
- Indigenous communities
- Not-for-profit organizations representing industry
- Crown Corporations
- Transit Authorities
Additional partners can also join the project. There is no limit on the number of partners. Partnerships should represent significant potential commercial opportunities for all parties.
The R&D Partnership Fund - Electric Vehicle (EV) – Stream 2 Program supports projects related to the development and demonstration of technologies in electric vehicles (EV) and battery manufacturing technologies in the following priority areas:
- Mass light vehicles, such as cars, trucks and vans
- Heavy duty vehicles, including commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles (RVs), and others used for goods movement
- Charging infrastructure
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Transit-supportive systems and vehicles