The following eligibility criteria apply:
1. This call is open to projects involving activities in African or Asian-Pacific countries (see ANNEX 2 list of eligible countries below)
2. An organization may participate in more than one concept note, yet an individual principal investigator may only lead on one project.
3. The lead organization(s) must have the capacity to administer and transfer foreign funds. Other collaborating partners may include organizations from within the region; national, regional, or international offices of multilateral organizations or international NGOs; or other organizations from outside the region.
4. United Nations agencies and CGIAR centres are not eligible to be a lead organization.
5. This call is open to projects that are gender and inclusion-sensitive, gender and inclusion-responsive or gender and inclusion-transformative. Proposals that are gender and inclusion-blind will not be considered eligible.
IDRC and the United Kingdom’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office are pleased to announce a call for concept notes under the Climate Adaptation and Resilience (CLARE) initiative.
This call for concept notes seeks to identify transdisciplinary teams motivated to conduct action-oriented research related to one or more of CLARE’s three research themes:
- Understanding climate risk: Research to improve our understanding of the risks associated with climate and natural hazards, by addressing gaps in the underpinning science.
- Risk-informed early action: Research to improve risk-informed anticipatory action to reduce humanitarian and extreme impacts of weather, climate variability and the compounding and cascading interaction of natural hazards.
- Developing in a changing climate: Research to inform development in a changing climate; action that builds resilience in the present climate and adapts to future climate.