- Applicants are Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) defined as having fewer than 500 global, full-time employees.
- Applicants are required to have operations in Ontario and carry out their project in Ontario.
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- National and multinational enterprises (NEs and MNEs)
- Academic institutions (as clients only)
- Indigenous communities
- Not-for-profit organizations representing industry
- Crown Corporations
- Transit Authorities
The R&D Partnership Fund - C/AV and Smart Mobility – Stream 2 Program supports projects related to the development, testing, validation, and demonstration of connected and autonomous vehicle (C/AV) and smart mobility technologies in the following priority areas:
- Mass light vehicles, such as cars, trucks, and vans
- Heavy duty vehicles, including commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles (RVs), and others used for goods movement
- Transportation infrastructure
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Transit-supportive systems and vehicles