To be considered eligible for support, as of the application deadline date, you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- not have Japanese nationality or be a permanent resident of Japan;
- hold or expect to hold a doctorate degree in one of the fields of research that NSERC supports prior to the proposed start date of the postdoctoral fellowship;
- not hold, or have held, any other JSPS Postdoctoral fellowship.
- You must have completed all requirements of your first doctoral degree no more than six years before the application deadline.
The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) has established the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Foreign Researchers. A limited number of promising early-career researchers are given the opportunity to conduct research in Japanese universities and in designated research institutions and laboratories. NSERC is responsible for recommending Canadian nominees for JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowships.