The Mitacs Elevate call for proposals has been launched – and enhanced funding is available for postdocs in emerging industry sectors: artificial intelligence, cleantech, quantum science, and biomanufacturing.
Mitacs is committed to fostering new innovation partnerships. Our Elevate initiative, available to postdocs in all disciplines, can provide critical career and skills training to postdoctoral fellows through real-world collaborations.
As in prior years, postdoctoral fellows can apply for two years of funding valued at $60,000/year. And this year, sector-specific experts in artificial intelligence, cleantech, quantum science, and biomanufacturing are eligible for funding of $80,000/year.
- Manage a long-term collaborative research project with a company or not-for-profit organization
- Receive exclusive professional development training in career fundamentals, interpersonal skills, communication, intrapreneuralism, leadership and management, and much more
- Cultivate cross-disciplinary networks and take advantage of peer-learning opportunities
Enhanced funding: $80,000/year for research projects in artificial intelligence, cleantech, quantum science, and biomanufacturing.
And, if you are collaborating with a small or medium-size enterprise or NFP:
Elevate (Regular) = $60K/year award, partner SME contribution is $15K/year (3:1 leverage)
Thematic Elevate = $80K/year award, partner SME contribution is $20K/year (3:1 leverage)
- Applications open at the end of November 2021
- Application submission deadline is January 19, 2022
Start planning for your project now!
If you have questions or would like to learn more about how to apply, please consult our website.