- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
The Economic Development and Innovation Office is an intellectual property resources for faculty, staff, and students, and an important priority for Lakehead University as a whole.
More specifically, the following Innovation services provided by the EDI office:
- Handling of intellectual property protection issues (including patents and copyright),
- Licensing of University technology,
- Serving as a liaison between industry, the local community, and the University,
- Assisting with university-industry-government collaborative programs,
- Supporting the creation and development of start-up knowledge-based businesses, and
- Overseeing the overall management of the University's intellectual property.
The EDI office is also responsible for negotiation and drafting of several different types of agreements including those dealing with:
- Intellectual property ownership assignments,
- Licensing agreements,
- Sponsored research,
- Industrial grants & research contracts,
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure,
- Collaboration and Consortium Agreements, and
- Material Transfer Agreements.
Click here for a more detailed explanation of the intellectual property commercialization process, and the services our office provides.
Click here for Crash Course videos explaining Intellectual Property and various IP protection.