Lakehead is committed to fostering community-based research in Northern Ontario and Simcoe County with community organizations and Aboriginal communities.
Are you an agencies, corporations and associations that would like to discuss any of the following?
- Sharing a specific research idea or goal that require collaboration from a researcher at Lakehead University
- Participating in networking events for community members
- Meeting a researcher
- Learning about grant opportunities that promote partnerships with Lakehead University
- Inviting researchers or research facilitators to specific events
- Renting research equipment or discussing what our labs could do for your project
- Meeting students that could collaborate with a researcher for your project
- Touring research labs
Our Directory, Industry Research Partnerships will carefully listen to the needs and goals of community members, and use their expertise and networks to facilitate relationship-building, project team creation and implementation, and grant application support.
There are wide arrays of research topics that can be supported at Lakehead University. There are specialists in the areas of, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Aboriginal Peoples
- Arts, Culture and Heritage
- Economic Development
- Environmental Studies
- Families, Seniors and Youth
- Labour and Employment
- Natural Resources
- Social Science
- Tourism and Recreation
Lakehead University also has a number of research centres that might fit specific interests. Please click here for a listing of these centres. Community organizations are welcome to contact these centres to share their ideas for possible research collaboration.
We welcome your participation in creating new research projects!
To submit an idea for research collaboration, contact the Office of Innovation, Partnerships and Economic Development (IPED) at 343-8871 or email us at email@example.com.