Proudly sponsored by:
We encourage all members of the Lakehead University community to nominate a Faculty, Staff, or student(s) for these awards. Self nominations are welcome.
Lakehead University Innovation Award
Description: The Lakehead University Innovation Award is designed to recognize the efforts of employees of Lakehead University who transform research results into products and/or services. This award acknowledges two methods of research transformation: transfer of knowledge to business or industry through research collaborations; and creation of new products or services through the disclosure of an invention to the Lakehead University Economic Development and Innovation Office (EDI).
Eligibility: Eligible recipients are any employee of Lakehead University who either:
- Engaged in a research collaboration with an external party (such as an industry partner, not-for-profit organizations, government collaborations, and/or small business) during the previous two calendar years; or
- Disclosed an opportunity to commercialize their research to the EDI Office.
Lakehead University Student Innovation Award
Description: The Lakehead University Student Innovation Award honours students who have demonstrated an entrepreneurial spirit by identifying ways in which their ideas can be developed into products or services. The award is expected to foster an appreciation of real-world applications of research. Lakehead will recognize up to two students per year, one at the graduate level and one at the undergraduate level. This award carries a monetary value of $250 per award recipient.
Eligibility: Eligible recipients are individuals who are Lakehead University students or were students any time during the previous two academic years who consulted with the EDI office either to commercialize their research or to help apply their ideas in a real-world environment.
Any member of the University community (including faculty, staff, students, Lakehead volunteers, and research, industry or community partners) may nominate an individual for the awards.
- Nominations are to be submitted to the Economic Development and Innovation Office.
- These awards are judged on specific Evaluation Criteria, and will be evaluated by the Innovation Committee.
- These awards are judged on specific Evaluation Criteria, and will be evaluated bythe Innovation Committee.
- The nomination deadline for the 2020 Innovation Awards is Friday, February 14, 2020.
Call or email Kelly Fettes at 343-8871 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Nomination Form and Evaluation Criteria.