- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
The Economic Development and Innovation Office is an intellectual property resource for faculty, staff, and students, and an important priority for Lakehead University as a whole.
To further related initiatives, EDI at Lakehead seeks to:
- Provide services related to Industry sponsored research and partnerships; locating industry partners for Lakehead researchers; providing a point of contact for industry to access University resources
- Provide services related to Technology Transfer and Innovation management; providing Intellectual Property commercialization development and implementation
- Providing research contracts and agreements relating to Intellectual Property
- Provide mentorship for faculty on industry collaborations, grant review, and special projects
- Support the activities of the President's Advisory Council on Economic Development on both Lakehead campuses, assist in the implementation of various economic development initiatives, and collect and report on metrics of success
More specifically, the following services are provided by the office:
- Handling of intellectual property protection issues (including patents and copyright),
- Licensing of University technology,
- Serving as a liaison between industry, the local community, and the University,
- Assisting with university-industry-government collaborative programs,
- Supporting the creation and development of start-up knowledge-based businesses, and
- Overseeing the overall management of the University's intellectual property.
The EDI office is also responsible for negotiation and drafting of several different types of agreements including those dealing with:
- Intellectual property ownership assignments,
- Licensing agreements,
- Sponsored research,
- Industrial grants & research contracts,
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure,
- Collaboration and Consortium Agreements, and
- Material Transfer Agreements.
Click here for a more detailed explanation of the intellectual property commercialization process, and the services our office provides.