- For Staff
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Helpdesk Ticket System
- Website Support
- Colleague - Web UI
- Forms Database
Lakehead University's researchers are making a difference through their outstanding, innovative research:
March 31, 2017 - Boosting Post-Secondary Research and Training in the North
- New Facility for Engineering and Sciences to Support Innovation and Create Jobs
January 17, 2017 - Lakehead University professors will discuss Ghostbusters 2016 and Trump
December 8, 2016 - Major funding for research on when oxygen first entered Earth’s atmosphere
- $9.5-million investment will create jobs, expand research and foster innovation
October 27, 2016 - Lakehead University Research Ranked Number One in Canada, again
September 28, 2016 - Lakehead University receives funding for research on important social issues
- BRI advisory committee established.
February 19, 2016 - Ontario Investing in Job Creation at Lakehead University
- The Government of Ontario Supports Research at Lakehead.
February 10, 2016 - Lakehead University professor renewed as Canada Research Chair
- Lakehead CRC renewed.
October 30, 2015 - Maclean's ranks Lakehead among Canada's Top 10 universities, again
- Lakehead ranks well again.
October 15, 2015 - Lakehead University research ranked first in Canada
- Continued research success.
October 7, 2015 - Lakehead University professor co-authors paper on Homo naledi
- Lakehead University’s Dr. Matt Tocheri is a co-author of a paper published in Nature Communications.
September 17, 2015 - Lakehead anthropologists tracing origins of food production in Northern Ontario
- Uncovering the most northern evidence of farming in the ancient Americas.
April 13, 2015 - Lakehead Announces Four New Canada Research Chairs
- Lakehead University is receiving $2 million to support four new Canada Research Chairs whose important research and work includes the fields of green chemicals, Indigenous mental health, fisheries, and human diversity.
December 22, 2014 - Lakehead’s SSHRC grant recipients examining lead exposure, climate change
- New SSHRC Grants for Lakehead University researchers.
December 19, 2014 - Collaborative mining research project wins innovation award
- Breakthrough in mineral analysis.
December 11, 2014 - 50 Research Stories Will Celebrate Lakehead University’s 50th Anniversary
- A celebration of past research achievements.
September 10, 2014 - Lakehead researchers receiving nearly $350,000 from CIHR
- Support for health-related research.
August 14, 2014 - International Success for Lakehead Research Team
- The researchers of the future.
July 15, 2014 - Lakehead Researchers Examine Europe's Oldest Frozen Mummy
- A journey into the past.
- Striving to further knowledge.
Web-based business partners with a Lakehead University software engineering team.
- Local Research Matters Virtual Scavenger Hunt winners.
March 6, 2014 -Lakehead University’s Research Awards Celebrate Excellence
- Lakehead R&I Awards Reception held.
January 15, 2014 - Lakehead University Receives CFI Grant for Greener Mining Technology
Lakehead University researchers will soon be able to take waste from the forest industry to create environmentally-friendly, bio-based chemicals used for mine rehabilitation.
Lakehead University and the Foundation for Educational Exchange between Canada and the United States of America (Fulbright Canada) have agreed to establish a Fulbright Visiting Research Chair in Interdisciplinary Sustainability Solutions at Lakehead.
- Lakehead researcher receives support from the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
November 20, 2013 - Lakehead researchers receive over $1.4 million from CIHR
- Lakehead celebrates its success with CIHR.
November 15, 2013 - Lakehead University shares a remarkable year with its 2012-13 Annual Report
Lakehead University celebrates its success stories in Northwestern Ontario and Central Ontario through the release of the 2012-13 Annual Report.
October 18, 2013 - Lakehead University Ranks First in Ontario
- Lakehead performs well in the Re$earch Infosource annual ranking of Canada's Top 50 Research Universities.
September 23, 2013 - Lakehead’s research garden shows dramatic results
- Orillia students involved in innovative project with a local plastics company.
September 16, 2013 - Lakehead University Researchers Receive SSHRC Grants
- More than $1.5 million in funding from the Social Sciences and Humanities received by Lakehead faculty and students.
May 21, 2013 - Lakehead University Researchers Receive NSERC Funding Awards
- New NSERC funding for Lakehead's researchers.
- Launch of Lakehead's Excellence for Sustainable Mining and Exploration (CESME).
- Innovative programs and research activity at Lakehead University's Orillia campus recognized.
February 14, 2013 - Lakehead Celebrates 2012’s Top 10 Research and Innovation Achievements
- Lakehead University's Top 10 Research and Innovation Achievements for 2012 are recognized.
February 14, 2013 - Lakehead University Names its 2012 Distinguished Researchers of the Year
- Lakehead's 2012 Distinguished Researchers of the Year.
- Lakehead University Chemical Engineering Professor Dr. Lionel Catalan and Chemistry Professor Dr. Stephen Kinrade are the perfect pair to help cement Lakehead's reputation as a research-intensive university through the Council of Ontario Universities’ Research Matters Campaign.
February 9, 2013 - Lakehead Donation Creates Northern Lake Superior Research Award
- A generous donation to Lakehead University’s Faculty of Science and Environmental Studies has allowed the creation of the Northern Lake Superior Research Awards.
February 8, 2013 - Lakehead University Researchers Awarded Large NSERC Grant
- Dr. Han Chen, Lakehead Professor in Natural Resources Management, and his co-applicants receive major NSERC funding.
January 11, 2013 - Lakehead University Professor’s Book Discusses the Beauty of Bugs
- Dr. Harvey Lemelin's new book challenges social assumptions about insects.
November 7, 2012 - Lakehead University Conference Discusses Strength-based Approach in Schools
- Lakehead conference looks at using a strengths-based assessment in schools.
- Lakehead shines in Macleans's Rankings.
- New CFI funding for Lakehead supports research programs.
- Improving the health of Canadians.
Dr. Chris Southcott recently hosts Prince Albert II of Monaco during the Prince's visit to the Northern communities of Iqaluit in Nunavut and Kuujjuaq in Northern Quebec.
October 4, 2012 - Lakehead University Professor Recognized by Fraser Institute
- Dr. Livio Di Matteo joins the ranks of senior fellows of the Fraser Institute
- Lakehead researchers secure SSHRC funding worth over $1.5 million.
- Building international research collaborative efforts.
September 17, 2012 - Major NSERC Training Grant Awarded to Lakehead University
Lakehead University receives $1,647,075 in funding from NSERC to train highly qualified personnel in medical imaging.
- Lakehead researchers receive funding from NSERC in order to pursue ground-breaking research.
- MOU to guide research efforts.
Lakehead University's Food Security Research Network (FSRN) nationally recognized for dedication to community-service learning.
- Lakehead researcher recognized for research contributions.
- Inaugural BIOFOR Conference held.
- Dr. Sudip Rakshit arrives at Lakehead University.
- New funding to support work of Lakehead University / TBRRI Research Chair.
March 20, 2012 - SHARCNET - the Final Frontier for Lakehead and TBRRI Scientists
- 10th anniversary SHARCNET celebrations.
February 17, 2012 - A Week of Celebration, Education, and Innovation
- Honouring Lakehead's achievements in research and innovation.
February 13, 2012 - Discovery in the Mall
- Research and Innovation Week 2012 at Intercity Shopping Centre
February 10, 2012 - 7th Annual Research & Innovation Week Celebrates Major Funding Announcement
- A special week begins with a special funding announcement.
February 6, 2012 - Lakehead Researchers make ground-breaking discovery
- Important discovery made by Lakehead researchers.
- "Disappearing" tourism trend.
- Using music to improve the lives of the elderly in long-term care homes.
November 1, 2011 - Jesuit Diary Brings the Past to Life
- Diary of 19th Century Canadian missionary transcribed and edited by Lakehead researcher.
October 27, 2011 - Lakehead U Moves Up in Maclean's Ranking Survey
- Lakehead University's Maclean's ranking improves in several areas.
October 12, 2011 - Lakehead SSHRC Researchers Receive Over a Million Dollars in Funding
- Major SSHRC funding comes to Lakehead.
- First-ever Lakehead University / TBRRI Research Chair announced.
- Improving care for the elderly.
September 12, 2011 - Lakehead University Researcher Recognized Nationally for Improving the Quality of Palliative Care: Dr. Mary Lou Kelley receives Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association 2011 Award of Excellence
- Research efforts of Lakehead researcher recognized.