Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Brodie Street Library
Rise of the Machines: Technology in Literature and Culture
Sunday, February 24, 1:30-3:30 pm, Brodie Resource Library, 216 S. Brodie Street
- Dr. Jason Blahuta, Associate Professor, Philosophy
- Dr. Kevin Brooks, Experiential Learning Coordinator
- Dr. Douglas Ivison, Associate Professor, English
- Dr. Jenny Roth, Associate Professor, Women’s Studies
- Maeghan Verardo, MA student, English
Discussing topics including technofeminism, the tech geek girl, technology in science-fiction film, androids, and the ethics of technology, this roundtable will explore the representation of technology in literature and culture and the ways in which technology shapes literature and culture.
Admission is free and all are welcome. Refreshments will be provided.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Organized by the Department of English, Lakehead University
Co-sponsored by the Thunder Bay Public Library