Monday, March 5, 2018 - 9:00am to 11:00am
Panel and round-table discussion on Monday, March 5 from 9:00-11:00 in AT 5036. Part of Social Innovation Forum.
Title: Agrobiodiversity to Sustain Community Food Systems
- Julia LaForge: USC Champion and Postdoctoral Fellow, Health & Behavioural Sciences
- Charles Levkoe: Assistant Professor, Health & Behavioural Sciences and Canada Research Chair in Sustainable Food Systems
- Liette Vasseur, Professor, Biological Sciences, Brock University and UNESCO Chair in Community Sustainability: from local to global
- Brian McLaren: Associate Professor, Natural Resources Management
- Vikki Schembi: Master of Health Science Student, Lakehead University
- Erin Beagle, Executive Director, Roots to Harvest
Event concludes with facilitated discussion.
For full event poster, please click here.
About the Social Innovation Forum
The Social Innovation Forum at Lakehead University will open Lakehead University's 2018 Research and Innovation Week, “Connections.” The Forum is designed to showcase innovative approaches to community-university partnerships and the impact such connections can have on social justice and innovation. The day's events will create a dialogue that will address how Lakehead University's research capacity can be utilized to inform and address challenges confronting community organizations and our city. This public event is expected to draw local organizations and researchers, as well as leading research experts who are passionate about the power of community-university partnerships as a vehicle for societal change.